Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Long time, no post


Wow, I see my last post was at the 6 month mark home with Noah...the summer has flown by and now we have been home with him for 9 months. We had an absolutley wonderful summer...I will try to hit the high spots...
First off, our daughter Caylah accepted Jesus into her heart during Vacation Bible School this year. We were so excited...Chris got to baptize her (there is a picture of this on the slide show). Second, we had lots of fun in the swimming pool this summer. Noah is an absolute fish in the water - he has NO FEAR. He loves to put his whole body under the water and just thrash around (I don't know a better way to put it). He even went off the diving board (many many times). We took a trip to Folly Beach in between Chris mission trips and the kids had a wonderful time. It was Noah's first trip to the beach. He kept saying BIG WATER and jumping up and down in the waves. I don't know how much of that ocean he swallowed, or how many times he got knocked down, but it did not deter his excitement. Caylah and I took our usual walks on the beach to go hunting for all manner of things alive (she loves any kind of animals). We were not successful, but we did find some pretty shells to add to our collection.
We are back in a somewhat normal routine now (that doesn't even sound right)..Caylah is back in school (a 3rd grader now) and Noah back to daycare. Caylah has started back to gymnastics and she is having a wonderful time with it. Me and Chris are just trying to keep up with them both. Noah's energy is boundless, if I had just one ounce I would be happy. We are now to the joyous task of potty training, which he has mostly just started doing on his own, thankfully.
A few weeks back, we met up with another couple, The Bullingtons, who are adopting a baby boy from Ethiopia and a daughter from China. They live close by..we had a wonderful time meeting with them and hope to make a lasting connection with them. Noah was wide open the whole time we were there...and they didn't change their minds :)
Well, I feel a little better now that I have updated this blog. Everyone elses I read seems to be updated more frequently than mine, but considering I just now got all of the pictures of Ethiopia and Noah printed out (over 150), I feel like I am making some progress.

No comments: